Transport Manager or Transport Manager Designate?
Transport Manager’s have a large responsibility for the safety of the Company’s operation. Some of these responsibilities include:
- To manage, audit and review compliance systems to ensure that they are effective
- To ensure drivers hold appropriate licences and to carry out regular checks on these licences
- To ensure compliance with EU and/or domestic Driver Hour rules
- To ensure records are taken and retained in line with legislation
- To ensure all drivers are completing driver defect reporting correct and accurately
- To ensure vehicles are being maintained and kept in a roadworthy condition
- To ensure that vehicle maintenance records are correct, complete and retained in line with legislation
For further information on the activities expected of Transport Managers by the Senior Traffic Commissioner, and how Plumwood Ltd can help you to meet these requirements ‘click here’.